We offer Quantity Discounts on this item! See details below.
"Turtle doves are a symbol of friendship and love. Keep one, and give the other to a very special person. As long as each of you has your turtle dove, you will be friends forever.” – Home Alone 2.
RetroFestive is pleased to be the exclusive Canadian retailer of Friendship Doves (aka Turtle Dove ornaments), as seen in Home Alone 2. We've partnered with John Perry, the California artist who originally made the doves for the movie back in 1992. Each set of Friendship Dove ornaments has been cast using the same mold used for the movie!
About Friendship Doves:
In Home Alone 2, a Manhattan shopkeeper gives Macaulay Culkin's character, Kevin McCallister, a pair of sculpted turtle doves that are "a symbol of friendship and love." The birds were created in 1992 by Oxnard, Calif.-based sculptor John Perry, who was approached by Fox executives with a "rush request" to crank out a half-dozen pairs "in three weeks flat." Thankfully, John accepted the urgent assignment ... and movie magic was made!
Friendship Doves are made of Pellucida™, a proprietary compound of resins that resembles bisque porcelain, but is very durable.
What You Get:
- Two Friendship Dove ornaments (one for you, one for a friend).
- Each set includes two slightly different doves! One has wings curved upwards, while the other has wings curved downwards.
- Each dove measures 2" x 3".
- Packaged in a handsome gift box with a clear acetate cover.
- One small organza bag for gifting a dove to a friend.
- Two exclusive gift cards featuring a photo of the doves, the famous movie quote and info about John Perry, the artist who made them (on the back).
The more you buy, the more you save!
- One pair of Friendship Doves = $17.99 CDN.
- Two or three pairs of Friendship Doves = $16.99 CDN, each.
- Four or five pairs of Friendship Doves = $15.99 CDN, each.
- Six or more pairs of Friendship Doves = $14.99 CDN, each.